Message of Thanks
🌈 We’re all in this Together 🌈
Dear Parents/ Carers,
I am really proud of what the children, staff and parents have achieved so far this year. You have all been incredibly resilient during these very difficult times and I am proud to be Headteacher of such an amazing school with such incredible children.
Just think about what we have achieved together so far...
At 8pm on 4th January 2021 the Prime Minister announced that schools were to remain closed to most children and all learning was to be moved online. This meant that staff, children and parents had to, overnight, get used to working in a new way.
I don’t know of any other business in the world who could change how they deliver their service with less than 24 hours notice!
Parents, you have been incredible with your continued support for school, you have been doing the most amazing job at home, juggling your own work and also supporting the children and I think a huge applause needs to go out to you, for all that you have done and continue to do. Thank you for the way you kept staff going by uploading all your beautiful work on Twitter and Google Classroom, it was such a joy to see all the lovely work that you did at home.
The children demonstrated incredible courage being separated from their friends and teachers and still managed to access on-line lessons ever day at home.
Here are some of the things which together we have achieved:
- Nursery stayed open to all children and 130 children across other year groups
- Teachers made 3,130 phone calls home to the children and parents
- Teachers delivered 100 on-line lessons
- We delivered 448 learning packs to our younger children
- School gave out 32 Laptops, 37 IPads and 12 Routers to ensure our children could
access resources online
- We gave out 2,050 School Meal Vouchers and 259 food hampers
- Our parents and staff raised over £500 for food hampers and not to mention all the food
which was donated to school which we gave back to the community
- Teachers really enjoyed their live lessons where they could see all their lovely children.
It was the uplift that staff needed after such a difficult term.
Parents- We will continue to get through these times together and one day we will look back and wonder how.
Children- Stay positive, stay brave, stay strong and continue to aim high in all you do. It is so lovely to have you all back in school, together, where we all belong.
Let’s continue learn lots, have fun and make lots of wonderful memories.
Mrs C Drew- Williams