At Anfield Road Primary School, we believe that physical education is a vital contributor to children’s development and wellbeing and should be experienced in a safe and supportive environment. Our mission for PE is to provide high quality physical education for all through progressive learning objectives combined with tailored teaching and learning methods.
To promote active and healthy lifestyles, all children should:
- Be willingly active to develop a competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Understand the benefits of a balanced diet and healthy choices
- Engage in activities that develop cardiovascular health, flexibility, muscular strength and endurance
- Understand the need for personal hygiene in relation to vigorous physical activity
To develop positive attitudes, all children should:
- Follow the conventions of fair play and honest competitions, whilst maintaining a competitive spirit
- Cope with success and limitations in their performance
- Persevere with and consolidate their performance
- Be mindful of others in their environment
- Develop essential life skills through sport
PE at Anfield Road
Our aim is to provide stimulating and challenging learning experiences in each and every lesson. We value progress from all of our children and we encourage them to aim high and always try their best. We want to instil a passion for sport and create pathways for the children to continue to be active beyond school.
During sessions, we offer a comprehensive directory of detailed plans supported by videos and resources from ‘PE Passport.’ This provides all of our teachers with the tools to deliver active, fun and challenging lessons in line with the National Curriculum. Each lesson supports children in developing skilful use of the body, the ability to remember, repeat and refine actions and to perform them with increasing co-ordination, fluency and safety. It also supports pupils in developing an increasing ability to select, link and apply skills, tactics and compositional ideas. Children are encouraged to describe and make simple judgements to improve their performance.
In addition to our class PE sessions, we also offer extra curricular sporting clubs for all abilities to enhance their journey and experience a wider range of sports.