School Logo

There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve:

The fear of failure.

Paulo Cuelho "The Alchemist"

discover more...

Anfield Road Primary School

Get in touch

Contact Details

Domestic Violence

Domestic Abuse and Violence


The UK government's definition of domestic abuse is 'any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are, or have been, intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality. The abuse can encompass, but is not limited to psychological, physical, sexual, economic, emotional'.


In an emergency…


In an emergency DIAL 999 for immediate assistance. You can call 999 without speaking, then pressing 55 or tapping or coughing into the phone. This will enable police to respond. 


Local Support Agencies


The organisations below will offer you support and keep your personal information safe. You may also be able to ask for an interpreter if you need one. 


LIVERPOOL DOMESTIC ABUSE SERVICE (LDAS)- Domestic abuse support for women and girls. Drop in, referral and outreach services available. 



MERSEYSIDE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERVICE- Services for women, men, families, children and young people, including help with domestic abuse and stalking. 


  • Telephone: 0780 272 2703
  • Website:


PAUL LAVELLE FOUNDATION- Support for men in domestic abusive relationships.



RAPE AND SEXUAL ABUSE (RASA)- Professional counselling and support service to improve the mental and physical wellbeing of individuals impacted by sexual violence at some point in their lives. Support for women, men and children. Also support offered from an ISVA (Independent Sexual Violence Advisor)


  • Helpline: 0151 666 1392 (Tuesday and Thursday 6-8pm, Friday 12pm-2pm)
  • Referrals: 0151 558 1801
  • Email:
  • General Enquiries:
  • Website:


RUBY PROJECT- Domestic abuse support for women.



SAVERA UK- Honour-based abuse and harmful practice specialist.



VICTIM SUPPORT MERSEYSIDE- Free and confidential support for people affected by crime and traumatic events



NATIONAL SUPPORT AGENCIES- 24 hour national free helpline.


Telephone: 0808 2000 247




ASK FOR ANI AT A PHARMACY- If you are experiencing domestic abuse and need immediate help, ask for ‘ANI’ in a pharmacy that has the ‘Ask for ANI’ logo on display. ‘ANI’ stands for Action Needed Immediately but also sounds like the name Annie. They will offer you support in a private space, provide a phone and ask if you need support from the police or other domestic support services. Find out more at GOV.UK/domestic-abuse


GALOP- Support for victims of domestic abuse



KARMA NIRVANA- Support for victims of honour- based abuse and forced marriage.



Karma Nirvana

Support for victims of honour-based abuse and forced marriage.



MEN’S ADVICE LINE- A confidential helpline for male victims of domestic violence and abuse



RESPECT- The Respect Phoneline provides confidential advice for people who are abusive and/or violent towards their partners. 


  • Telephone: 0808 802 4040 (Free from landlines and most mobile phones)
  • Website:


WOMEN’S AID- If you are being abused or suffering indirectly as the result of abuse.


  • Telephone: 0808 2000 247 (Freephone 24- hour helpline)
  • Website: (This website has a directory of local domestic violence services in Merseyside and the North West)


Parent to Child Abuse

PEGS- PEGS believe in creating a safe place where you can talk openly about your experiences, where you will always be listened to, always believed, and never judged. Their service is free, available to any parent regardless of the age of their child (including adult offspring), and aimed at any parent, carer or guardian experiencing Child to Parent Abuse. They support parents and work alongside organisations who do a great job supporting the children in this situation. 


  • Do you watch what you say because of the potential repercussions?
  • Do you avoid family situations due to conflict?
  • Are you worried about the safety of your family?
  • Does your child damage property to get what they want?
  • Does your child threaten to harm people or animals?
  • Does your child steal from you?


If this sounds like the situation in your home, then you may be experiencing Child to Parent Abuse. You might feel alone right now, but you're actually among the 10% of families for whom CPA is a reality at some point. And you are in the right place, as it is an organisation specifically founded to support parents, carers and guardians who are experiencing domestic abuse at the hands of their own children. 


Click here for contact details