Free School Meals
Is my child eligible for free school meals?
Children in Reception, year 1 and year 2
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 get free school meals regardless of your income and this will automatically be in place at Anfield Road. However, if you or your partner do receive one of the qualifying benefits listed below, please complete the online application form on this page so that the school can register your child for the extra funding known as the Pupil Premium.
If your child is aged 3 or 4, and attends nursery full time and you receive a qualifying benefit, they could be eligible.
Children in Year 3 to Year 6
Your child could be eligible for free school meals if you or your partner receive a qualifying benefit.
What are the qualifying benefits?
If you or your partner receive any of the following benefits you can apply:
- Universal Credit - your household earned annual income must be less than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed part of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – with no Working Tax Credit and your annual household income is no more than £16,190, as assessed by the Inland Revenue
How to apply
Visit https://liverpool.gov.uk/benefits/free-school-meals/ to apply online. Remember, if your child is in reception, year 1 or year 2 and you receive a qualifying benefit, make sure you apply so the school gets the extra funding.